Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DIY Coachella Outfit

No sewing required!

I had bought this dress at buffalo exchange because I loved the material so much. It was way too short on me, and the style just never looked right for my height. With Coachella coming up I have been thinking of inventive outfits and hip styles to sport for the desert musical extravaganza. I simply cut the top of the umpire waistline dress - above the elastic band. The elastic can be used as a waistband, and holds what is now a skirt in place. No sewing needed!! Just cover with a fun belt. The top is also un sewn and looks hand-made. The unkept cuts from the raw edges and no hems I think make it more bohemian. Try it with an old maxi dress you no longer wear- dont we all have one somewhere in the back of our closet.






Dress: thrifted from buffalo exchange ($12) hat: san diego hat Co. ($22) Necklace: Lachelle by the Seashore ($65) Belt: Le bazar ($45)

No comments:

Post a Comment