Thursday, April 14, 2011
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
- Assemble sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.